89. Quex Park's Adventure Golf

 






So back in the old strain of reviewing attractions, over the bank holiday weekend Jamie and I decided to go and have an off the cuff adventure at a vaguely local place called Quex Park.
Neither of us had ever heard of this place, but we've recently become very competitive in terms of crazy golf and as such in our lust to play came across this place.

Now before I continue, just to say once again I am in no way affiliated with this business. My opinion is my own, these photos aside from the one above baring the company's logo are all mine, and this is merely a blog post to say we had a good time. You take that how you wanna, I don't get paid for any promotions, I'm just a lass spreading the word of my adventures. 

Right then, back to it...

So on our little Sunday jolly, the first thing we did was grab lunch. I cannot help myself but show you the food because it was that good. There is an adorable little restaurant connected to the farm shop here and it serves traditional meals and the like made from local produce. Jamie treated himself to fish & chips and I decided to go well out of my comfort zone and have gammon, egg & chips. 

Now as you can see from the photos above, absolutely lush!

The chips were crisp and fluffy, the batter on his fish was crunchy and the fish itself was chunky and flaked off perfectly. My gammon was melt in the mouth. We felt like royalty in this tiny little farm shop! And it was soooooo filling, we questioned whether or not it would even be wise to go and play golf. It was also super affordable despite being what we viewed as premium stuff. It's safe to say we will be having a lunch date here again!

Anyway, enough about the food, although that is an incentive to come on its own! Quex park is actually a lot bigger than I first thought. This place has a craft barn, paint-balling, a maze, crazy golf, and so much more!

On this occasion however, we were only there for the golf and so let me give you the deets...

I admittedly have only been to 4 crazy golf venues including this one. But this by far is the most detailed adventure golf course I have come across so far. 

I didn't take as many photos as I should have as I was too busy living in the moment, but as you can see from the photos below, this place was surreal. They had miniature fully fledged castles, ponds, fishes, fairy doors, bridges, secret gardens, mirrors, you name it they had it. The place was picturesque and water features were definitely a theme here. You also got to pick your own coloured ball (I was purple) which is always a plus.


 


My favourite thing about this course was the detail. The golf itself was a little mundane and it isn't because the course was tricky (it was), but it just seemed harder than normal to get the ball in the holes (or in some cases, specifically the second to last hole, out of it, yes we lost a ball in the labyrinth of pipes beneath the course which is not supposed to happen). The aesthetic was certainly the focus point, leading me to believe that perhaps the placement of the holes were an afterthought as some were uneven making it even more difficult to score.

I should also point out that I am a novice at this and not once, but twice did I pelt my ball into the nearest water feature or bush for my poor other half to go and retrieve. A lot of people looked as I practically collapsed onto the floor with laughter, I am perhaps a little too heavy handed at times, but this technique usually gets me a hole in one...

It was almost hard to focus on the task at hand, I was too busy eyeing up all the pretty scenery because I cannot say enough how pleasing this place is on the eye. Light brickwork, the nearby trees incorporated into the surrounding set, open windows, the sound of water trickling. Magnifique! What a treat for a warm summer's day. 

What both myself and Jamie realised while following this course was that while it was absolutely stunning, it wasn't as fun as we had initially thought. Only the week before we had visited Cinderella's (located in outer Hythe in Kent) which is a tiny place in comparison and not nearly as visually stunning, but we had the biggest laugh and actually felt like children as we played that course. This one just felt very grown up in comparison, I felt like I should be in my finery on a garden walk with a glass of bubbly in my hand, not attacking a small purple golf ball with a club at risk of smashing the nearest mirror. 

Despite this, we still had a laugh and there was a general air of romanticism thanks to our surroundings, as it really is a beautiful little course. We even ended our date on a nearby bench sharing ice cream before heading back to the farm shop for some goodies to take home.   

My takeaway from Quex Park's Adventure golf is that it is the perfect place for a nifty little date one afternoon. I wouldn't bring kids as it seems too delicate for this, too grown up, but a date or a family outing minus the kiddiwinks would be perfect. 

Overall then, I give Quex Park's Adventure Golf a 7/10

I adore the scenery, I really do. But the golf was a little hard work, in order to incorporate the beautiful setting compromises were made to make the game complex and it didn't work in their favour. Maybe it's just me, but despite this being a fun afternoon out, unless there were more than just the two of us I wouldn't be inclined to return to the golf side of things so soon. The air of frustration overwhelmed the fun vibe, and as I said, it felt more like being on a mini set of Bridgerton than adventure golf! Not a bad thing, but it requires a certain mood and childish was not it.

Regardless, I fully recommend this attraction for anyone looking for a cute and fun day out. I would be at home here for something like a hen do or a date. Jamie and I are already looking to return in order to peruse the menu again and try another activity!

Have you been? Leave a comment on my socials! 


















Comments